Easy Pizza Sauce
This delicious sauce will enhance the flavor of any type of pizza you make. It also makes a wonderful dipping sauce for quesadillas, chicken tenders, or even French fries.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1–2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. ground oregano
- 1 tsp. ground basil
- ½ tsp. turbinado sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- In a skillet over medium heat, place the oil, garlic, and onions. Simmer until they soften, about 2–3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together tomato sauce and tomato paste until smooth. Stir in oregano, basil, sugar, and salt. Add the cooked garlic and onions.