Easy Pizza Sauce
This delicious sauce will enhance the flavor of any type of pizza you make. It also makes a wonderful dipping sauce for quesadillas, chicken tenders, or even French fries.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1⁄2 tsp. sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onions until softened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together tomato sauce and tomato paste until smooth. Stir in oregano, basil, sugar, and salt. Add the cooked garlic and onions. Use immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.