Easy Pork Chops
Turn the heat up or down on this dish by using mild or strong curry power as desired. Serve with mashed potatoes for a complete meal.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. boneless, center-cut loin pork chops (about 8 chops)
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 slices fresh ginger
- 1 can (14 oz.) crushed tomatoes, plus 1 can water
- 1 Tbsp., plus 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash the pork chops and pat dry. Trim off the fat. Rub the curry powder lightly over both sides.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan on medium heat. Lay the chops flat in the pan. Cook for a total of 15 minutes over medium heat, turning over once, until both sides are browned. Add the ginger slices and cook for another minute. Drain off excess fat.
- Transfer the pork chops to a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish, removing the ginger. Combine the crushed tomatoes, water, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, and onion. Pour over the chops. Bake for 1 hour, or until the pork chops are tender and cooked through.