Easy Purple Macarons
These elegant French-style purple macarons with mild almond flavor are crisp and decadent.
Serves: 22Prep: 20 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutes
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup finely ground almond flour
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- Red food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- 1 1⁄4 cups white chocolate baking chips
- 1⁄4 cup Kroger® Heavy Whipping Cream
- In food processor, place powdered sugar and almond flour. Pulse until well combined. Sift into bowl.
- In bowl, add egg whites and mix with mixer, starting with low speed and then increasing into high speed. Add granulated sugar slowly, until stiff peaks are formed.
- In same bowl, using a spatula, fold in ⅓ almond flour, mix and repeat two more times. Add food coloring and fold until desired purple color.
- Place batter in piping bag with a ¼” round tip.
- In baking trays lined with parchment paper, pipe 1” circles, separated by 1½”. Let set at room temperature for 1-2 hours, until macaron batter looks matte (not shiny).
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place one macaron tray in oven and bake for 9 minutes. Turn oven off, leaving macarons inside for 10 minutes in order to avoid them from cracking. Open oven door slightly for 5 minutes. Remove tray from oven. Repeat process for remaining trays.
- In saucepan, mix white baking chips and heavy cream over medium heat until smooth.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of cream mixture on flat side of one macaron and top with another.