Easy Quiche Lorraine
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1½ cups thinly sliced yellow onion
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9")
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Sauté the onion in the olive oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add the bacon, eggs, cream, milk, flour, salt, and nutmeg to the bowl. Stir in cheese. Mix well and set aside.
- Bake pastry shell for 5–7 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 325°F. Pour the cheese mixture into the hot pastry shell. Cover the edge of the crust with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.