Ratatouille made in the slow cooker comes out surprisingly crisp-tender.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 4 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 large eggplant, sliced horizontally
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium cubanelle pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 oz. tomato paste
- ¼ cup water
- Place the onion, eggplant, zucchini, pepper, and tomatoes into a 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with basil, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk the tomato paste and water in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the vegetables. Stir.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or until the eggplant and zucchini are fork-tender.