Easy Roast Turkey Breast
Roasting a turkey breast is a great alternative to cooking a whole turkey.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 skin-on, bone-in turkey breast (6 lbs.)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the vegetable oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried thyme. Use a pastry brush to brush the mixture over the turkey breast.
- Place turkey on a roasting pan and tent with foil. Roast until the internal temperature reaches 170°F (about 2½ hours).
- Remove the foil and baste the turkey with the drippings during the last minutes of cooking. Let the turkey stand for 15 minutes, then slice and serve.