Easy Roasted Potatoes
Here’s a mess-free way of making potatoes, which works as well on the barbecue grill as in the oven. It calls for wrapping the seasoned, cut potatoes in a foil pouch before cooking.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, cut in large chunks
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 425°F. Put onion, olive oil, parsley, and garlic in blender or food processor, and purée until smooth. Toss with potatoes and salt, then wrap in a ready-made foil oven bag, or a sheet of foil crimped to seal. Potatoes should be no more than 2 layers deep.
- Bake on a sheet pan, in center rack for 45 minutes, until potatoes are tender when poked with a fork. Season with pepper.