Easy Shepherdʼs Pie
This is a simple and comforting meal that bakes in individual single dishes, making it great for busy weeknights.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (4 oz.) instant mashed potatoes
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ lb. cooked ground beef
- ½ cup canned corn
- 3 Tbsp. tomato sauce or ketchup
- ½ tsp. minced fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare the mashed potatoes according to package instructions. Stir in the egg yolk.
- Combine the ground beef, corn, tomato sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Divide the mixture into 2 individual ramekins. Spread ½ cup of the mashed potatoes on top of each ramekin in an even layer, completely covering the beef mixture. (Store the leftover potatoes in a sealed container in the refrigerator to use at another time.)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.