Easy Skillet-Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Your family will love these skillet sweet potatoes, and the recipe is so simple. These make a great side dish with ham, pork, or lamb.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 or 5 medium sweet potatoes
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Boil unpeeled sweet potatoes until tender. Let cool slightly, then peel and slice into ½"-thick rounds.
- In a large, heavy skillet, combine brown sugar, water, salt, and butter. Heat on medium until mixture begins to simmer; reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced sweet potatoes and simmer for 10 minutes, turning often to keep them coated with sugar mixture.
- Spoon into a serving dish and serve hot.