Easy Skillet Zucchini Quiche
Removing the crust from a standard quiche recipe substantially reduces the time it takes to make. On days when you do have a bit more time, feel free to bake the quiche instead of broiling it—after combining the ingredients in the bowl, bake at 325°F for 30 minutes, or until the quiche has set.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced zucchini
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the salt, pepper, dried oregano, and onion powder. Stir in the tomato and cheeses.
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini and sauté for a couple of minutes, until the zucchini turns dark green.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture into the skillet, stirring to mix it in with the zucchini. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the quiche is cooked through but still moist on top.
- Place the skillet in the broiler. Cook until the top has set but has not yet browned.