Easy Skillet Zucchini Quiche
Removing the crust from a standard quiche recipe substantially reduces the time it takes to make. On days when you do have a bit more time, feel free to bake the quiche instead of broiling it—after combining the ingredients in the bowl, bake at 325°F for 30 minutes, or until the quiche has set.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large eggs
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ½ cup grated Swiss cheese
- ¼ cup grated mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1½ cups sliced zucchini
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the salt, pepper, dried oregano, and onion powder. Stir in the tomato and cheeses.
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini and sauté for a couple of minutes, until the zucchini turns dark green.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture into the skillet, stirring to mix it in with the zucchini. Cook for 7–8 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the quiche is cooked through but still moist on top.
- Place the skillet in the broiler. Cook until the top has set but has not yet browned.