Easy Slow Cooker Applesauce
Homemade applesauce is easy to make and tastes much better than what you can get in the store. It freezes well, too, so you can make extra when apples are in season. Use your favorite sweet-type apple.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 5 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 10 medium apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 6" cinnamon stick
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add the apples, lemon juice, water, and cinnamon stick. Stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours, or until the apples are soft and tender.
- For chunky applesauce, mash the apples with a potato masher. For smooth applesauce, purée in a food processor or blender, use an immersion blender, or press through a food mill or large-mesh strainer.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or freeze up to 6–10 months.