Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Adding some balsamic vinegar and sugar to this recipe mimics the flavor of using beef cooked in wine. The combination of cream cheese and sour cream gives this dish a much richer flavor, but you can use all sour cream if you prefer.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. cooked beef
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (10 ¾ oz.) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 package (4 oz.) cream cheese
- 12 oz. egg noodles, cooked
- Dice or shred the cooked beef and add to the slow cooker along with the onion. Add the mushrooms, soup, vinegar, sugar, and garlic powder to a bowl; stir to mix and then pour into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Cut the cream cheese into small cubes; stir into the beef mixture in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for ½ hour or until the cheese is melted. Serve over hot cooked egg noodles.