Easy Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
Serve this warm cranberry sauce directly from the slow cooker at your next holiday buffet. You can make it several days in advance, store it in the refrigerator, and then bring it back to temperature in the slow cooker. Or pour it into a mold and refrigerate until ready to remove it from the mold and serve it chilled. For additional flavor, stir in a couple of tablespoons of orange liqueur, bourbon, or brandy if desired.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 5 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 bags (12 oz. each) fresh cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp. frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- Rinse and drain the cranberries. Remove and discard any stems or blemished cranberries.
- Add the cranberries to the slow cooker along with the sugar, orange juice concentrate, and salt. Stir to combine, adding the cinnamon and cloves. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove the cover. Stir well, breaking the cranberries apart with a spoon or mashing them slightly with a potato masher. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Cover and cook on low for another hour or until the cranberries are cooked through and soft and the sugar is completely dissolved.
- If storing the cranberry sauce in a mold, allow it to cool to room temperature before pouring it into the mold and refrigerating.