Easy Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
This is a popular dish for a carry-in supper or buffet.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 lbs. Cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Spray a slow cooker with nonstick spray. Pour the milk into the slow cooker. To bring the milk to temperature, cover and cook on high while you cook the macaroni.
- Cook the macaroni according to the package directions, leaving it a bit undercooked. Drain and add to the slow cooker. Stir into the milk. Reduce the temperature of the slow cooker to low.
- Cut the cheese into small cubes. Stir into the macaroni and milk. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour. Stir in the salt and pepper. Add additional milk if needed.
- Cover and cook on low for another hour, or until the cheese is completely melted and you can stir it into the macaroni. To serve, ladle the mac and cheese directly from the slow cooker.