Easy Slow Cooker Ratatouille
The slow cooker is the perfect tool for making this classic French vegetable stew.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into ¾ inch pieces
- 1½ tsp. salt, divided
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and sliced
- 6 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Toss eggplant with 1 teaspoon salt and let drain in a colander for 30 minutes. Rinse eggplant and lay in a single layer over paper towels to dry slightly.
- Place the eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, tomatoes, and onion into a 4-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk the tomato paste, olive oil, remaining ½ tsp. salt, and black pepper. Pour the mixture over the vegetables. Stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, or until the eggplant and zucchini are fork-tender.