Easy Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
Make this soup before you go to bed and have a hot lunch ready the next day!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 12 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup green split peas
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 medium shallots, peeled and minced
- 4 oz. ham steak, diced
- ¼ tsp. ground cayenne
- 1 tsp. hickory liquid smoke
- ½ tsp. celery salt
- ½ tsp. salt
- 5 cups water
- Place all ingredients into a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir. Cook on low for 12 hours.
- Uncover and cook on high for 30 minutes before serving.