Easy Spaghetti with Meatballs
Feel free to load up this basic spaghetti sauce recipe with your favorite vegetables and pasta seasonings. Green and red bell peppers, dried parsley, and even spicy chili powder are all good choices.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 oz. dried spaghetti
- 1 garlic clove, smashed, peeled, and finely chopped
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup prepared tomato sauce
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. dried basil
- 6 frozen Italian meatballs, thawed
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water until tender but still firm (al dente), and drain thoroughly.
- Heat the olive oil on medium-low in a frying pan. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato sauce and water. Stir in the dried oregano and dried basil.
- Add the spaghetti and meatballs and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes, until the mixture is thickened and cooked through. Serve hot.