Easy Sweet Crepes
Fill these crepes with fruit marinated in Grand Marnier or orange juice.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- In large bowl, combine egg, egg substitute, and egg whites; beat until frothy. Add orange juice, skim milk, and melted butter and beat well.
- Add flours, sugar, salt, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Let batter stand for 30 minutes.
- Spray a 7-inch crepe pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place over medium heat. Using a 1⁄4 cup measure, pour 3 tablespoons of the batter onto the hot pan. Immediately lift the pan and swirl so the batter evenly coats the bottom.
- Cook for 60 to 70 seconds or until you can pick up the crepe. Carefully flip the crepe and cook for 45 seconds. Invert onto a kitchen towel. Repeat with remaining batter. Do not stack crepes until cool; separate each with some waxed paper.