Easy Tandoori Chicken
Traditionally, tandoori chicken is marinated in a spicy mixture of yogurt, seasonings, and food colorings before being baked in a clay oven. In this quick and easy variation, the chicken is pan-fried with the seasonings and served with a warm yogurt dressing.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄4 tsp. sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3⁄4 cup natural yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- Combine the spices, sugar, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Rub over the chicken breasts to season.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and lemon juice. Set aside (do not refrigerate).
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and the chicken. Pan-fry for 3 to 4 minutes on one side until browned.
- Add the shallot. Turn over the chicken and cook the other side until the chicken is cooked through (8 to 10 minutes total cooking time). Remove the chicken to a serving plate.
- While the chicken is cooking, briefly heat the yogurt in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove and spoon over the chicken.