Easy Tomato Bisque
You should be using your blender for more than cocktails! Rich, thick tomato soup is made simply by employing your blender, and it’s incredible with grilled cheese sandwiches!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 cans (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 6 basil leaves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Transfer onion mixture to a blender and add salt, pepper, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, basil, and chicken broth. Process on high for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth.
- Return blended soup to the saucepan and simmer over medium low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add heavy cream. Stir to combine. Serve immediately.