Easy Tomato Soup
This simple, healthy, three-step soup is made with canned tomatoes, which are available year-round at affordable prices. You can also make this soup with about 4 pounds of chopped fresh tomatoes if you prefer.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup organic unsalted butter or ghee
- 3 cans (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- 15 oz. chicken broth
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- In a small glass or microwave-safe bowl, cook onions and butter in the microwave on high for 1 minute, until onions are softened.
- Add onion mixture, tomatoes, honey, and chicken broth to a greased 4-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Turn off slow cooker. Add lemon juice to the soup. Allow soup to cool for about 20 minutes and then blend using an immersion blender or in batches using a standard blender.