Easy Vegan French Toast
Kids love golden fried French toast drowning in powdered sugar and maple syrup, but a fruit compote or some agave nectar would be just as sweet.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium ripe bananas, peeled
- ½ cup soy milk
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ¾ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 12 thick slices bread
- Using a blender or mixer, mix together the bananas, soy milk, orange juice, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Whisk in flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and pour into a pie plate or shallow pan.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Dip or spoon mixture over each bread slice on both sides, and fry in hot oil until lightly golden brown on both sides, about 2–3 minutes.