Easy Venezuelan Pan de Jamón
A traditional Christmas bread made with savory ham and olives, pan de jamón is a Venezuelan favorite. This version uses pre-made puff pastry for a shortcut that’s deliciously flaky.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (13.3 oz.) puff pastry, rolled into a 15”x10½” rectangle
- 7 slices ham
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger® Queen Olives Stuffed with Pimiento, slices
- 2⁄3 cup roasted red peppers, sliced
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place ham on top of puff pastry rectangle, leaving ½” space along the edges. Place queen olives, red peppers and raisins on top of ham.
- Tightly roll pastry dough from the long side. Once rolled, tuck edges under the roll.
- On lightly greased baking pan, place roll seam side down.
- Combine egg and water to make egg wash; brush roll with egg wash.
- Bake 45 -50 minutes, until bottom is lightly browned. Let sit 5 minutes.