Easy Viennese Mousse
Technically, this light, spiced mocha mousse is closer to a Chantilly cream—but it’s so delicious, your guests will never guess how quick and easy it was to make.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 2½ cups chilled heavy cream, divided
- 1 Tbsp. coffee liqueur
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- ¼ cup superfine sugar
- 2 Tbsp. dark chocolate shavings
- Melt the chocolate and ¼ cup of the cream in the top of a double boiler over hot, not simmering, water, stirring continuously. Stir in the coffee liqueur, vanilla, espresso powder, and allspice. Set aside.
- Whip the remaining cream, using an electric mixer on a high speed, until soft peaks form. Sprinkle in the sugar, beating only long enough to incorporate.
- Slowly pour a thin stream of the warm melted chocolate into the cold whipped cream while continuing to beat. Spoon into serving glasses and top with chocolate shavings.