Eating Clean Tomato Soup
With canned tomato soup containing absurd amounts of sodium—and even sugar— this is a refreshing homemade version that’s super tasty and healthy.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup filtered water
- 10 large tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped basil
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups organic tomato sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 pint heirloom cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup basil leaves, torn
- In a large pot, bring the water, tomatoes, chopped basil, and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15–20 minutes. Allow to cool.
- With an immersion blender, emulsify the tomatoes and spices completely until no bits remain.
- Add the sea salt, tomato sauce, and the yogurt ¼ cup at a time, and use the immersion blender to fully combine. Serve hot or cold, garnishing each bowl with tomatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1 tablespoon torn basil leaves.