Edamame Barley Bowl
Loaded with fresh flavors and filling, plant-based protein, this hearty bowl will keep you satisfied until your next meal.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (14 oz.) extra-firm tofu, drained on paper towels
- 1⁄4 cup tamari
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups cooked barley
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup shelled edamame, thawed (if frozen)
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut tofu into ½” cubes; arrange in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until crisp and golden, tossing halfway through. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In small bowl, combine tamari, sesame oil and lemon juice.
- Divide barley, arugula and edamame into four bowls. Top with tofu and avocado. Drizzle with dressing.
- Refrigerate leftovers.