The addition of cheese turns this into a fusion dish; to add more Asian flavors, you might want to stir in some shredded daikon and crushed chilies to taste into the mix.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. torn basil leaves
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a small skillet over medium heat and sauté the garlic and scallion for about 2 minutes. Add the edamame and soy sauce and sauté 1 minute more. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet. Beat the eggs until mixed and pour into the hot oil. Scatter the shredded cheese on top. Lift up the edges of the omelet, tipping the skillet back and forth to cook the uncooked eggs. When the top looks firm, sprinkle the scallion mixture over one half of the omelet and fold the other half over top.
- Carefully lift the omelet out of the skillet. Divide it in half, sprinkle with the basil, and serve.