Egg and Cheese Burritos
These can be served for breakfast, or for a late-night dinner or snack.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 8 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 4 Tbsp. milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add jalapeño, bell pepper, and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine eggs, water, milk, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Add egg mixture to saucepan; cook eggs, stirring occasionally, until set but still moist, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Arrange tortillas on work surface. Place about 2 tablespoons salsa on each tortilla and divide egg mixture and cheese among them. Roll up, tucking in sides to enclose filling.
- Place in single layer on microwave-safe baking dish and cover with microwave-safe paper towel. Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until hot. Let stand for 4 minutes, then serve.