Egg, Cheese, and Italian Sausage Pie
If you don’t have a pie pan you can use a medium-sized ovenproof skillet. Use hot sausage and pepper jack cheese for a spicy wake-up call.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 8 oz. Italian sausage (mild or hot, or a mixture)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a 9" pie pan or glass baking dish.
- Heat the butter in a medium-sized nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook until fully browned, about 7 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Press the sausage into the pie pan, spreading it in an even layer over the bottom. Pour the eggs over the sausage and sprinkle with parsley, salt, and pepper. Bake for 7 or 8 minutes, or until the eggs are almost set. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the eggs and return to the oven until the eggs are done and the cheese is melted, about 6 or 7 minutes.