Egg-/Dairy-Free Chewy Chocolate Cookies
These cookies are dense with a rich chocolate flavor. Do not over bake them; bake them just until set for best results.
Makes: 36 cookiesHands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 36 cookies
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1½ Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2½ cups sugar, divided
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose or gluten-free flour mix
- ¾ cup cocoa
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup carob chips
- ½ cup sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add coffee to ground flax seed; set aside.
- Cream together oil and sugar. Add coffee mixture and vanilla; beat well. Whisk together flour mix, cocoa, and salt; stir in until well blended. Fold in carob chips.
- Roll dough into 1" balls; roll in sugar. Place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool.