Egg-/Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make these cookies gluten-free as well as egg/dairy free, just substitute the flour with a gluten-free baking mix.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp. soy milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. dairy-free carob chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside. Cream shortening and sugars until fluffy. Add corn syrup, soy milk, and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir in flour mixture. Fold in carob chips.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool thoroughly.