Egg-/Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make these cookies gluten-free as well as egg/dairy free, just substitute the flour with a gluten-free baking mix.
Makes: 24 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 24 cookies
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup butter-flavored shortening
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp. soymilk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. dairy-free carob chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside. Cream shortening and sugars until fluffy. Add corn syrup, soy milk, and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir in flour mixture. Fold in carob chips.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10–12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool thoroughly.