Egg-/Dairy-Free Raisin Puffs
If you are not allergic to oatmeal, you can substitute rolled oats for the quinoa flakes in this recipe.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups quinoa flakes
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream shortening, sugars, apple butter, vanilla, and coconut oil on high speed until creamy.
- Whisk flour mix, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, and salt together; blend in. Stir in quinoa and raisins.
- Make tablespoon-sized balls of dough; place on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Do not flatten them.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Cool.