Egg Drop Soup
For contrast, serve Egg Drop Soup with a more strongly spiced main dish and a colorful stir-fried vegetable.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 medium green onions, trimmed and minced
- 3–4 drops sesame oil
- Bring chicken broth to a boil.
- When broth is boiling, add white pepper, salt, sugar, and rice wine. Cook for another minute.
- Turn off heat and pour eggs into the soup in a steady stream, stirring rapidly in a clockwise direction until they form thin strands.
- Add green onions and sesame oil. Give the soup a final stir. Serve hot.