Egg Drop Soup with Lemon
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Asian fish sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. chili oil
- 1 piece (1 inch) fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 large eggs
- Heat the peanut oil in a large saucepan. Sauté the garlic over medium heat until softened.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, chili oil, and ginger. Stir and cover. Cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, whisk the eggs in a bowl with a fork. Add to the boiling soup and continue to whisk until the eggs form thin strands.