Egg-Free Broccoli and Pepper Frittata
Egg-free frittata may sound like a contradiction, but this 100% plant-based recipe uses versatile garbanzo bean flour as a formidable stand-in.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons Private Selection Avocado Oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Chickpea Flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In 10” cast iron skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Cook broccoli, pepper and onion 4 to 6 minutes, until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine chickpea flour, water, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, garlic, turmeric and remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Whisk until well blended.
- Spread veggies evenly in skillet; pour chickpea batter over top
- Transfer skillet to oven. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean.
- Allow frittata to stand 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.