Egg Salad Sandwiches with Radish and Cilantro
Creamy eggs contrast with the spicy bite of the radish, pungent cilantro, and a subtle rice vinegar tang. It’s a seemingly incongruous combination of flavors that works so well together.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 22 minutesTotal: 22 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup shredded radish
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. unflavored rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups mixed baby greens
- 8 slices whole-grain salt-free bread
- Place eggs into a saucepan and add enough water to cover by 1" or 2". Place pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Simmer for 12 minutes. Remove from heat and place under cold running water. When eggs are cool enough to handle, gently crack, peel, and dice. Place into a medium bowl.
- Add shredded radish, cilantro, oil, vinegar, and pepper and stir well to combine.
- Assemble the sandwiches by dividing the greens and egg salad evenly between 4 slices of bread. Top each with another slice. Serve immediately.