Egg White Breakfast Burrito
This is a basic breakfast burrito recipe that you can customize by adding your choice of vegetables.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. minced red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced green pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced yellow pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced red onion
- 4 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 sprouted-grain tortilla
- Heat water in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk egg whites in a medium bowl and then add to onion and pepper mixture. Start scrambling. Once eggs start to cook, add salt and pepper. Continue cooking until eggs are set, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, transfer to tortilla, and roll tortilla up like a burrito. Serve immediately.