Eggless Homemade Mayonnaise
This light and creamy mayonnaise uses a vegan liquid egg substitute, eliminating both cholesterol and the risk of salmonella. Make this recipe ahead when you have time; homemade mayonnaise keeps well for a week if stored in a clean, airtight jar in the refrigerator. Adjust seasonings to suit your own taste.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup liquid vegan egg substitute
- 2½ Tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. ground mustard
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- Place egg substitute, vinegar, pepper, garlic powder, and mustard in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Scrape down the sides.
- With food processor running, add oil in a slow and steady stream until mixture thickens.
- Store mayonnaise in a clean lidded jar, refrigerate, and use within a week.