Eggnog Bread Pudding
You can use challah bread or brioche in place of the panettone bread in this recipe.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 mini-loaf (3.5 oz.) panettone bread
- 1 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat eggnog
- 1 Tbsp. egg white
- 1 tsp. rum
- 1⁄8 tsp. nutmeg
- Slice panettone vertically into six slices, then spread a little bit of the mascarpone cheese on each piece.
- Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Layer the panettone slices overlapping in the dish, cheese-side up.
- Combine the eggnog, egg white, and rum with a whisk in a bowl and pour the mixture over the bread slices. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Take the plastic off the casserole, sprinkle the nutmeg on it, and bake uncovered for 25 minutes.