Eggnog Cream Pie
Eggnog made into custard and topped with whipped cream is a fun twist on the traditional holiday beverage. Dust the top of the pie with a little fresh grated nutmeg for a special touch.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 4 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 cups full-fat eggnog
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. fresh grated nutmeg, divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust (9")
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- In a blender combine the eggnog, cornstarch, eggs, and salt. Purée until smooth, about 30 seconds, then transfer to a saucepan and add ½ teaspoon nutmeg. Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it begins to boil and thicken, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the butter and vanilla. Stir until melted. Pour into the prepared crust. Chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment, or in a medium bowl with a hand mixer, combine the cream and confectioners’ sugar. Whip on medium high speed until the mixture forms soft peaks, about 2 minutes. Spread cream on the pie and sprinkle with remaining nutmeg.