Eggnog Rice Pudding
If the experience of enjoying a holiday in the tropics could transform into a tangible dessert, it would become this creamy eggnog rice pudding.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 ounces shredded coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, long or short grain
- 2 (14 oz.) cans coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1 lime, zested
- 14 ounces can condensed milk
- 24 ounces water
- Preheat oven to 300°F. On baking sheet, spread shredded coconut evenly. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- In medium pot, bring water to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low, add rice; cook covered 18 to 20 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine coconut milk, cloves, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, lime zest and condensed milk.
- Once rice has absorbed the water, turn heat to low. Add coconut mixture; continue cooking 15 to 20 minutes, until pudding is thick. Let cool. If pudding is too thick, add coconut milk.
- To serve, scoop pudding into bowl. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and cinnamon.