Eggplant and Roasted Red Pepper Sandwiches
Roasted red peppers and eggplant with a seasoned bean spread make this savory vegetarian sandwich a big hit!
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 eggplant, cut into ¼" slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Cannellini Beans, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- Simple Truth Organic™ Romaine Heart Leaves
- 4 gourmet Kaiser rolls
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place eggplant on a rimmed baking sheet and brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with cayenne and ¼ teaspoon salt, then bake 20 to 25 minutes until tender, turning once. Let cool.
- In small bowl, mash beans, garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, remaining tablespoon of oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Divide mashed beans, eggplant, red peppers and romaine leaves among Kaiser rolls and serve.