This is an amazing dinner! Try adding spicy sautéed Italian sausage into the sauce.
- 1 cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1/2" slices lengthwise
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon olive oil spray
- 1 jar pasta sauce of your choice
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine bread crumbs with shredded Parmesan cheese in shallow bowl or plate. Combine egg and milk in a separate shallow bowl or plate. Place flour on a large plate. Dredge eggplant slices in flour, then egg mixture, then bread crumbs.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and lightly spray with olive oil. Place eggplant slices in single layer, lightly spraying the tops with olive oil. Bake about 20 minutes, until browned.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat sauce. Remove eggplant from oven, turn eggplant over. Top with sauce, then mozzarella, dividing equally. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with basil.