This goes very well as a side dish for pork roast.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium eggplant
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ½ cup canned chopped jalapeño peppers
- 2 cups canned tomato sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1½ cups grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove the stem from the eggplant. Wash the rind but do not peel. Slice into ½" thick rounds. Arrange the rounds in a 9" × 9" lightly greased baking pan. Sprinkle with the garlic salt.
- Combine the jalapeño peppers, tomato sauce, sour cream, and cumin; mix well. Pour over the eggplant rounds. Layer the cheese over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the cheese is melted and the eggplant is soft.