Eggplant and Pepper Casserole
This casserole is wonderfully savory, and the eggplant comes out remarkably crisp-tender once slow cooked.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large unpeeled eggplant, cubed into ½" pieces
- 4 large red peppers, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 3 large tomatoes cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 oz. tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- Grease a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place the onion, eggplant, peppers, and tomatoes into the slow cooker. Sprinkle with basil, parsley, salt, and black pepper.
- Whisk the tomato paste and water in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the vegetables. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or until the eggplant and peppers are fork tender.