Eggplant and Roasted Pepper Panini
Grilled eggplant and roasted peppers are good enough to eat by themselves. Press them between crusty bread and gooey cheese on a panini press and youʼve got something even better. Serve with pickles and a salad for a complete meal.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 slices eggplant, sliced about 1⁄4 inch thick
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. pepper
- 2 slices Italian bread
- 4 slices roasted red pepper
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat the panini press. Place eggplant on panini press and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Close the lid and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove eggplant from press and set aside. Place bread slices on press, close lid, and cook until bread is lightly golden, about 1 minute.
- On the bottom slices of bread, layer 2 slices of cheese, the peppers, eggplant, and the remaining 2 slices of cheese. Close the sandwich. Place on panini press, close lid, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from press, slice in half, and serve warm.