Eggplant and Roasted Pepper Panini
Grilled eggplant and roasted peppers are good enough to eat by themselves. Press them between crusty bread and gooey cheese on a panini press and youʼve got something even better. Serve with pickles and a salad for a complete meal.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 slices eggplant, sliced about ¼” thick
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 slices Italian bread
- 4 slices roasted red pepper
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat the panini press. Place eggplant on panini press and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Close the lid and cook for 3–5 minutes. Remove eggplant from press and set aside. Place bread slices on press, close lid, and cook until bread is lightly golden, about 1 minute.
- On the bottom slices of bread, layer 2 slices of cheese, the peppers, eggplant, and the remaining 2 slices of cheese. Close the sandwich. Place on panini press, close lid, and cook for 3–5 minutes.
- Remove from press, slice in half, and serve warm.