Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon
Don’t worry if you break an egg on its way to the plate — a creamy yolk makes the surrounding ingredients taste even better.
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup smoked salmon, flaked
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 slices bread, thick-sliced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a bowl combine yogurt, milk and lemon juice.
- Lightly grease a saucepan with cooking oil. Fill pan halfway with water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Break one egg into a cup and carefully slide egg into water.
- Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- Top each bread slice with salmon or bacon.
- Top with egg, then top with yogurt mixture.