Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (4 oz.) sweet cooking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- In a saucepan, melt together the chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly; let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until thick and light in color. Gradually beat in sugar, and then blend in the chocolate mixture. Add the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the nuts and vanilla. Spread in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares or rectangles.