Elotes (Mexican Corn)
This Elotes recipe from Chef Lamar Moore is perfect for Cinco de Mayo or Summer!
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Mexican crema
- 1 cup queso fresco
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 bunches cilantro, chopped
- 4 ears shucked corn
- salt & pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In Vitamix or blender, combine soft butter, mayonnaise, cream, garlic, 1/3 of the queso fresco and ancho chili powder. Set aside.
- Brush corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When grill is hot, place corn directly over hot side of grill and cook, rotating occasionally, until cooked through and charred in spots on all sides (about 8 minutes).
- Cut corn off the cob and toss in a bowl with mayo and cheese mixture.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
- Optional: Add cooked or grilled shrimp.