This Mexican version of corn on the cob, a popular street food, is downright addictive: spicy, tangy, smoky, and sweet. Add as little or as much chili powder as you like. Boiled corn works fine, but grilling will give it extra flavor.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup grated Cotija or Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and grilled
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Salt, to taste
- Mix the softened butter, mayonnaise and chili powder.
- Remove cooked corn from the grill. Spread butter mixture over the corn cobs.
- Sprinkle the corn with grated cheese. Squirt lime over corn. Season to taste with salt.